This Personal Financial Management Course will show you a direct, concise and easy to follow path towards wealth creation. We will illustrate specific easy to follow choices that will accelerate your journey to Financial Freedom. The course is extremely practical and you will get opportunity to work through actual situations/calculations related to your own personal circumstances with the aim of developing a financial plan and investment strategy that ensures you meet your Financial Objectives. The curriculum has been built from actual real life scenarios and these case studies will form part of the learning. Professionals from various fields such as lawyers, property experts, stockbrokers, fund managers, insurance experts will also form part of the facilitation team during the course.
The course has 12 modules to be covered in 12 weeks. Students will be required to attend one class every week for 2.5 hours. The modules will have personal assignments to be done to ensure that the concepts learned are put to practical application and that progress is continuously being made in developing a personal financial plan.
The total cost for the 12 weeks course is Kes 40,000 (inclusive of 16% Vat) for the 12 modules plus a registration and booking fee is Kes 1,500. The fee includes refreshments at the classes as well as a personal financial management manual with the relevant notes, reference materials, electronic templates and exercises. Payments can also be done in three monthly installments i.e. Kes 14,000 for each of the first two months and Kes 12,000 for the last month.
With the Centonomy 101 course you will learn how to:
- Manage your monthly Income and Expenses.
- Tackle Debt Effectively.
- Understand how to make Money Work for You.
- Afford quality Education for your children
- Know where to Invest and Increase your Investment Returns
- Retire and still be able to maintain your desired lifestyle
- Find Financial Peace of Mind and Live Abundantly
The Centonomy 101 Program is divided into 12 modules as follows:
1. PERSONAL MONEY MANAGEMENT
- Understand what Wealth Creation is
- Build a Budget/Spending Plan
- Build a Personal Balance Sheet & know your worth
- Build a Spending Tracker and understand where your money goes
2. TIME VALUE OF MONEY
- Understand the principles of Time Value of Money
- Understand the impact of inflation on our needs and wants
- Retirement Planning and Education Planning
- Set your financial goals, understand what they cost and start working on them
3. MANAGING DEBT
- Different types of debt and how they work (Mortgages, credit cards, bank loans, Sacco Loans etc.)
- Debt Amortization-Understand how your debt payments are calculated and how you can make this work in your favor
- Learn how to Pay Debt Quickly and Save on Interest Costs
- Learn how to get out of debt by creating a Personal Debt Repayment Plan
4. FINANCIAL PLANNING
- Create a Personal Financial Plan-roadmap to your Goals
- Set targets and action plans to achieve your goals
- Create an Emergency Fund & plan for irregular expenses
5. LIVING ABUNDANTLY
- Develop the Mindset of a Wealth Creator
- Use your skills to create income
- Know what you truly want-GOALS
6. INVESTING IN TREASURY BONDS/BILLS & UNIT TRUSTS
- Understand what affects interest rates (Economic Indicators)
- Learn how to invest in Treasury Bonds & Treasury Bills
- Learn how to invest in Unit Trusts
Enrollment is open for the February intake. Classes will commence on 13th February 2018.
Class options are as follows:
- Tuesday: 6:00 pm to 8:30 pm (Westlands – Victoria Plaza 5th floor)
- Wednesday: 6:00 pm to 8:30 pm (City Centre)
- Thursday: 6:00 pm to 8:30 pm (Westlands – Victoria Plaza 5th floor)
- Saturday: 9:00 am to 11:30 am (Westlands – Apollo Centre 5th floor)
Should you be unable to attend a class on the designated date you can make up for it in another class the same week.
The Tuesday & Thursday classes are held at the Centonomy training Centre which is located on 5th Floor, Victoria Plaza, Westlands (on Parklands Road). While The Saturday class is held at Apollo Centre, Westlands (next to Nakumatt Ukay) Parking is available. The venue is also accessible by Public Transport.
The Wednesday class is held at our Nairobi training centre which is located on the Ground floor, Luther Plaza, (Opposite St. Pauls Catholic Church). Parking is available. Venue is also accessible by Public Transport.
The total cost for the 12 weeks course is Kes 40,000 (inclusive of 16% Vat) for the 12 modules. The fee includes refreshments at the classes as well as a personal financial management manual with the relevant notes, reference materials, electronic templates and exercises.
Payments can also be done in three monthly installments i.e. Kes 14,000 for each of the first two months and Kes 12,000 for the last month.
Registration and booking fee is Kes 1,500 (non refundable)
Payments can be made via Safaricom Pay Bill Number 986850, Cash, or Cheques made out to Centonomy Ltd. (When paying via Paybill please write your name as the account number)
Bank Transfer (Kindly provide deposit or transfer slip)
Account Name: Centonomy Ltd
Account Number: 2250002966
Bank: Guaranty Trust Bank (GT Bank)